2019 Sime Darby Sustainability Seminar
Kody Kato presented “Biophilic Masterplanning” at Sime Darby’s Sustainability Seminar on the 24th of September 2019. He addressed the importance of six design factors:
1. Keep as many existing trees as possible (cutting down trees destroys animal habitats that have been there for many years; and releases carbon that has been stored in those trees into the atmosphere)
2. Design with the existing terrain (reduce earthwork and excavation)
3. Provide alternative modes of transportation
4. Design from the experience of the user
5. Enhance thermal comfort at the street level through computer simulations and analyses
6. Connect people to nature within and around the existing site
2019 May 10 - Perak Factory and Restaurant
Our Perak Factory and Restaurant breaks ground in Malaysia.
2018 December 06 - London Design Awards
CEO Kody Kato attended the 2018 London Design Awards ceremony.
2018 Nov 09
ODE’s project titled Beyond Surface wins the Silver Prize at the 2018 London Design Awards.
2018 Sept 25
ODE’s project titled Beyond Surface is shortlisted for the 2018 London Design Awards.
2018 May 01 - ODE’s Exhibition at G. F Smith’s Show Space in London
ODE’s project titled Beyond Surface is currently being exhibited in G. F Smith’s Show Space as part of the 2018 London Craft Week.
2017 Dec 01 - UH Manoa College of Engineering
ODE founder Kody Kato was invited to share his integrate architecture and structural engineering design process at the University of Hawaii at Manoa College of Engineering.
2017 Nov 28
ODE has been selected as 1 of the top 10 finalists for the Taman Tugu Design Competition in Malaysia.